Yin is a passive, relaxing style of yoga with the intent of practitioners becoming receptive to their experience. Yin postures are held for a long period of time to soften the muscles and work deep into the joints and fascia system of the body.
Yin yoga is a deep, meditative experience for practitioners to get intimate with their feelings, sensations & emotions.
Yin can be a therapeutic practice to help deal with addictions, anxiety or trauma.
Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Calming & balancing the mind & body
- Regulates energy in the body
- Lowers stress levels
- Increases mobility in the body, especially joints & hips
- Prepares you for sitting meditation
- Greater stamina
- Teaches you to really listen
- Better lubrication & protection of joints
- Helps with TM & migraines
- Deeper relaxation
- Helps cope with anxiety & stress
- Incorporating a little of all styles will create a more well rounded practice and a more well rounded version of the awesome you!